Friday, May 12, 2006

Describing sounds

Waves, birds, babies or bagpipes? What are your favourite sounds? crashing waves: an expression for when a rough sea hits a beach soothing: if a sound is soothing, it makes you feel calm and relaxed (a baby) cooing: the happy sounds that a baby makes (a cat) purring: the sound that a cat makes when it is happy Describing Sounds I love / like + the sound of + noun Examples: I love the sound of laughter I like the sound of the rain I love / like + the sound of + noun + -ing Examples: I love the sound of birds singing I like the noise of children playing

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Introspective, sensitive..as I am!!! It is true! Cool!

Friday, 12 May, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love purring cats (or rather, kittens).

They are so much better than barking dogs...!

OK, no barking please

Wednesday, 24 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Locations of visitors to this page
Free Cursors

Powered by IP2Location.com

adopt your own virtual pet!